Wildflower Garden 2
We are delighted to enjoy the second wildflower garden instalment.
This beautiful wildflower garden located at the back of Links Apartment.
Wildflower gardens offer a diverse, and typically exceptionally attractive, habitat for the pleasure of young and old alike. In our garden you will find selection of wild flowers such as poppies, cornflowers, meadow vetching, apple and pear trees and much more.
Allowing open habitats such as wildflower gardens in urban settings for the provision of native or naturalised grasses, wildflowers and flowering plants offers several advantages:
- Plant diversity attracts insects and other invertebrates (including butterflies, bees, spiders and millipedes), birds and mammals
- Flowering species add a changing palate of colour to the urban environment throughout the seasons
- Active involvement of the local community in managing the site encourages ownership values to be fostered – activities may range from mowing to the collection of seeds for use at a new location or for sale.
- Opportunities for education and recreation abound (ranging from nature studies to art lessons).
- Even small plots of wildflower planting can change the feel of a setting, so that the creation of a wildflower meadow as part of an urban green space can bring a little piece of countryside into the town.